LocalMotive is your tool as an engaged citizen to:
- Find out about events and opportunities to get involved, meet others and make a difference through our Community Calendar. (Add the events to your calendar with the “+Google Save” button in the event.)
- Take action on causes that you care about
- Connect with local groups in the South Sound region of Washington State
- Build bridges across political divides, such as left-right divisions and leftist-liberal divisions
LocalMotive is here to assist you to:
- Post your events on the Community Calendar or contact us to make sure your calendar feeds into it.
- Get your action alerts published on our Action blog. The advantage of a blog are:
- Users can subscribe to Actions, setting up filters so they receive email notifications only for those topics or organizations they are interested in.
- Actions can be categorized by topic and group for easy archiving and look up
- On a blog, action alerts don’t get lost amongst other posts like they do in a Facebook group.
- Get other group’s events on your calendar (and have them stay automatically updated if the organizer changes details) (pilot phase)
- When you “subscribe” to events from the community calendar and save to your own, any modifications the organizer makes will automatically appear on your calendar
- Get a calendar implemented on your website (pilot phase)
As another example of our work, we assisted Glen’s Parallax Perspectives in getting his WordPress site up and running. We helped him set up an account with a webhost and customize a WordPress template to suit his preferences, and provided training in how to post and edit pages.
Not in the South Sound region of Washington? Contact us to talk about starting your own LocalMotive for your region.
LocalMotive.org is a developing project with the goal of bringing technology resources to activists and engaged citizens in the Olympia / South Sound region of Washington state who are working for a compassionate, non-violent society in opposition to authoritarian and extremist elements. More…
The vision for the Community Calendar is a “hub calendar” — not just another calendar where other groups’ events are copied. Most events on it are imported from the calendars of organizations such that if those organizers make modifications to their calendars those changes are automatically updated on the Community Calendar. In the near future, your group’s calendar will also be able subscribe to Community Calendar events such that they automatically update, too. More…