Tamborine Borrelli is running to represent Washington’s 10th Congressional District (Denny Heck’s seat) and to take on the corruption opposing the interests of everyday people. Find out more about her progressive, independent campaign by exploring her webpage: http://tamborine2018.com/.
Action 1: Donate
Donate to her campaign at https://tamborine2018.givingfuel.com/tamborine4us?
Action 2: Gather signatures for her filing fee petition
Petitions with signatures must be returned by May 17, Thursday. Petitions can be dropped off at the address below. If needed, you can arrange to have a campaign person pick them up.
Tamborine Borrelli, 303 1st ST #27, Yelm, WA 98597
Follow her on Facebook: Tamborine Borrelli for Congress WA CD 10
Where does she stand on the issues?
Go to http://tamborine2018.com/ and click on ISSUES.
What You Should Know About Denny Heck’s Anti-Progressive Voting Record
Denny Heck: The Candidate of Wall Street, Banking and Insurance Industry,
Big Oil, Big Pharma, Endless War, and Neocolonialism
Compiled by Jeff Sowers (High School Teacher)
If progressive voters of Washington’s 10th Congressional district want a real progressive to represent them, they should be thinking about replacing Denny Heck. Following is a list of 36 anti-progressive votes Heck has made in the U.S. Congress. Solid progressive Congressional reps like Bernie Sanders, Barbara Lee, Raul Grijalva, and Keith Ellison voted the opposite way as Heck on these bills.
Votes with an ** before the date are those in which Heck sided with the GOP against a majority of Democrats in Congress. Most recent votes are listed first.
- **4/13/18 Heck votes with Republicans and 78 Democrats to roll back the Volcker rule, a central provision of Dodd-Frank.that limits publicly insured banks from using customer(your) money to engage in risky wall street trading.
- **4/11/18 Heck votes with Republicans to weaken Dodd-Frank by voting to make it more difficult for financial regulators to designate large non-bank entities as systemically important financial institutions(SIFIs). Many non bank entities, such as hedge and mutual funds and other large financial services firms play a central role in the financial sector but escaped regulatory oversight, contributing to the 2008 financial crisis. Dodd-Frank changed that, but this bill weakens that provision.
- **2/14/18 Heck votes with Republicans to allow payday lenders to ignore state interest caps and make loans at predatory rates, like 300% annual interest or even higher. No surprise as the financial industry is his top contributor(see Open Secrets website).
- 2/9/18 Heck votes with Republicans to approve 2-year budget deal that abandons Dreamers and raises military spending by 165 billion dollars. The majority of Democrats and all the progressives, including Bernie Sanders, opposed the budget deal.
- **1/11/2018 Heck joins with Republicans to defeat The USA Right Act which would have put limits on domestic NSA spying. Most Democrats supported the bill.
- **12/13/2017 Heck joins Republicans to Weaken the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- 11/14/2017 Heck votes for bloated $700 billion military spending bill with approval of the FY 2018 NDAA. It includes “$65.7 billion for Overseas Contingency Operations, an unaccountable Pentagon slush fund used for the endless, goal-less wars being fought abroad.” 63 Democrats and 7 Republicans voted against it.
- 11/7/2017 Heck votes to weaken Dodd-Frank banking regulations with approval of the the Risk-Based Credit Examination Act, which passed 389–32. The bill weakens government oversight requirements of credit rating agencies, whose corrupt practices played a central role in the 2008 financial collapse. Progressive Reps voted no.
- **10/5/2017 Heck votes against the progressive “People’s Budget” while most Democrats support it.
- 6/13/17 Heck votes against worker rights in supporting S. 1094 – Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act. According to the National Federation of Federal Employees, the “misleadingly-titled” bill actually weakens employee protections and will not make the VA more accountable.
- **5/18/17 Heck joins Republicans and votes for H.R.115: Thin Blue Line Act. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gu_j9K9XtVSuhalxzFkzZUFcq7rlrexJ/view?usp=sharing
- 4/4/2017 Heck votes for more financial deregulation in supporting H.R.1343 – Encouraging Employee Ownership Act of 2017. This bill is not really about employee ownership, and really about reducing disclosure requirements when companies market company shares to employees, making it easier for unscrupulous businesses to take advantage of employee-investors. 86 Democrats, including Congressional progressives Gabbard, Lee, and Grijalva opposed the measure.
- 1/11/2017 Heck votes for deregulation of investment industry, removing protections for unsophisticated investors who may be lured into risky investments by promoters of investment products.
- 12/2/16, S 2943, Heck, in another vote for the US regime change war in Syria, votes to escalate the war by arming Syrian insurgents with anti-aircraft weapons.
- 11/30/16 Heck bows to Big Pharma and votes in favor of “21st Century Cures Act.” This bill includes a grab bag of goodies for Big Pharma and medical device companies that would undermine requirements for ensuring safe and effective drugs and medical devices. In opposition to this bill Elizabeth Warren stated “when American voters say Congress is owned by big companies, this bill is exactly what they are talking about.”
- **9/16/16 Heck joins the GOP’s latest attack on VA workers.
- **9/9/2016 Heck joins GOP to serve Wall Street and votes yes to weaken The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act by supporting HR 5424, the Investment Advisors Modernization Act, a bill that eliminates government oversight of private equity and hedge funds.
- **7/12/2016 Heck votes with Republicans to kill measure protecting forests from damaging logging practices. One of only 15 Democrats who failed to support this important pro-forest measure.
- **6/18/2016 Denny Heck votes yes to developing new long range nuclear cruise missiles.
- **6/17/2016 Denny Heck votes yes for endless war on terror with approval of Authorization for Use of Military Force.
- **6/17/2016 Denny Heck votes yes for arming and training Syrian rebels
- 6/16/2016 Denny Heck votes no to 1% reduction in defense budget.
- 6/29/2016 Denny Heck votes for Neocolonialism and the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA).
- **5/25/2016 Denny Heck votes for continued federal funding for fossil fuel research.
- 5/24/2016 Denny Heck votes for CIA, NSA and FBI “black budget.”
- 5/19/2016 Denny Heck votes for Overseas Contingency Operations, the Pentagon’s unaccountable war-making slush fund.
- 12/18/2015 Denny Heck votes for “big oil, dark money, surveillance stuffed omnibus bill,” This bill, opposed by Sanders and other progressives, overturned 40 year old US oil export ban, weakens campaign finance disclosures, authorizes more surveillance of Americans, and encourages more exporting of US jobs overseas.
- 12/9/2015 Denny Heck approves discrimination against middle east refugees in bill condemned by ACLU and Human Rights Watch.
- **10/2/2015 Heck votes with GOP to Further Bloat Military Spending.
- **6/18/2015 Heck joins GOP to vote yet again to cut Social Spending to fund war.
- **6/12/2015 Denny Heck votes for Fast Track
- 6/2/2015 Denny Heck votes for H.R. 2048, USA Freedom Act. This act essentially continues the USA Patriot Act, with had just expired, with some modest reforms. Staunch progressives like Sanders, Lee, and Grijalva opposed this bill as it was better to simply let the law authorizing bulk collection of American’s phone and personal data die, rather than reauthorize a modestly reformed version of the program.
- **5/21/2015 In snub to international law, Denny Heck joins GOP to approve “The Space Act,” a bill granting US corporations “the rights to own and sell natural resources they mine from bodies in space, including asteroids. Heck was one of 48 Democrats to vote yes, while 130 Democrats voted no. The act represents a full-frontal attack on settled principles of space law which are based on two basic principles: the right of states to scientific exploration of outer space and its celestial bodies and the prevention of unilateral and unbridled commercial exploitation of outer-space resources. These principles are found in agreements including the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 and the Moon Agreement of 1979.”
- **1/28/2015 What the Frack? 41 House Dems Join GOP to Vote to Expedite Natural Gas Exports.
- 12/14/2014 Slush Funds, Sacred Land Sales, and Lots of Weapons: Heck votes for FY 2015 NDAA, Passes 300 to 119.
- 12/3/14 House Votes 378 to 46 to Give Corporate America a Big Christmas Present
- **1/29/2014 These 89 Democrats Voted to Cut $8.7 Billion from Food Stamps(Farm bill)
- **10/29/2013 30 House Democrats Joined the GOP to Sell You Out to Wall Street. Which Ones?