- This event has passed.
Blue Jay Brings Back the Moon – 10th Anniversary!
November 9 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm PST
Join Na’ah Illahee Fund for an evening filled with indigenous culture and community spirit! Festivities start at 4pm and go until 9pm. Tickets are $50 per person, $20 for students and elders 65+.
Doors open at 4:00 PM.
Entrance to event is UPSTAIRS, where you will find the Art Market and Kids Lounge:
4:00 – 6:00 PM Art Marketplace featuring 10 local Native artists. In honor of our 10th year putting on this event, we will raffle off a beautiful original art piece valued at $800! $25/ticket.
4:00 – 8:30 PM Kids lounge with arts and entertainment.
Traditional Foods Dinner and Na’ah Illahee Evening Program is DOWNSTAIRS, starting at 6:00 PM.
6:00 – 8:30 PM Dinner and Program
* A delicious organic/locally sourced dinner featuring traditional indigenous foods of the Americas
* Blue Jay Story – by local indigenous Storyteller
~ Gabriel de los Angelos
* Featured Grantee Presentation:
~ Canoe Journey Herbalists ~
* Yahowt and Gen7 Programs Share Stories from 2019
* Na’ah Illahee Spirit of Indigenous Leadership Award
~ Honorees: Cedar Rising Coalition ~
* Elderberry Spritzer! A Toast to Our Community!
Blue Jay, Northwest Coast Salish tribes’ trickster character, who through his antics brings us laughter, pranks, and yes, even powerful lessons. In this traditional story from the Snoqualmie people, the cunning Blue Jay ventures out to bring Snoqual the Moon — the Transformer, who has been kidnapped by the Dog Salmon people and taken to the Sky world, back to Earth to help prepare for the humans to arrive.