- This event has passed.
Draft Pedestrian & Bicycle Plan Open House
May 9 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PDT
The Public is invited to the Draft Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan Open House on Wednesday, May 9, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Lacey City Hall Council Chambers. Attendees can check out displays, listen to a short presentation at 6 and 7 p.m., and provide comment on the Draft Plan.
If you can’t attend the Open House, the 6 p.m. presentation will also be on Facebook Live with an opportunity to provide comment.
Over the past several months, the City has worked extensively with the community to develop a Pedestrian & Bicycle Plan for Lacey and its Urban Growth Area with a goal of creating a community where walking and biking are safe, convenient, and fun. We have completed the following steps:
• Inventory existing walking and biking (WAB) network
• Identify gaps in WAB network
• Identify common WAB destinations (schools, parks, jobs, etc.)
• Map out WAB network improvements based on public input,
analysis, and opportunities
• Work with community to set priorities for Plan implementation
• Create Action Plan for funding and implementing new projects
• Complete Draft Plan
The City encourages you to review the Draft Plan prior to attending the Open House. The draft plan is in the final stages and will be posted online in the near future. We will update this information when it’s available for review.
If you are unable to attend the Open House(s) and would like provide input on the Draft Plan(s), you can email comments to Ryan Andrews, Lacey Planning Manager, at RAndrews@ci.lacey.wa.us. You can also reach him at (360) 491-5642.