- This event has passed.
Intersectional Dialogue on Weaponizing Charges of Antisemitism
May 2 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm PDT
Join us for this important and long-overdue community conversation!
WEAPONIZING CHARGES OF ANTISEMITISM
How are charges of antisemitism being weaponized to specifically target powerful Black and Muslim leaders, force Jews and Jewish allies into false dichotomies, divert attention from the worldwide rise of white nationalism and state violence, and divide progressive movement-building?
Who benefits? Who is harmed? And most importantly, what can we do to recognize and disarm these attempts to divide us?
Please join us for this intersectional community dialogue to unpack the underlying dynamics of anti-Black racism, Islamophobia, patriarchy, and the conflation of Judaism and Israel, that are fueling the weaponization of charges of purported antisemitism.
We’ll discuss questions like:
• What is antisemitism? What is it not? Does everyone agree?
• How are antisemitism and Islamophobia connected?
• How do racism and patriarchy intersect with both?
• How does white nationalism intersect?
• How can Jews and non-Jews support Palestinians and offer necessary critiques of Israeli state policy without being antisemitic?
• How do we build and maintain coalitions of those who truly seek justice for all that withstand external efforts to drive wedges between us?
* Rabbi David Basior, Kadima Reconstructionist Community
* Rev. Dr. Kelle Brown, Lead Pastor, Plymouth Congregational Church
* Aneelah Afzali, Esq., Executive Director, MAPS-AMEN (Muslim Association of Puget Sound — American Muslim Empowerment Network)
MODERATOR: Maya Berkowitz
FREE event, but registration required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intersectional-dialogue-on-weaponizing-charges-of-antisemitism-tickets-60506424344
Please note: the venue is wheelchair accessible, and we welcome all of our siblings of any and all backgrounds at this event.