- This event has passed.
Monthly 1st Friday Open House
September 6 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
“GET TO KNOW A MUSLIM” event:
Welcoming friends, allies, and people of all faiths or no faith with a sincere intention to learn more about our faith and connect with individuals and families from the most diverse community in South Puget Sound.
At the same time you will get to experience the sermon in English and Arabic, hear a beautiful call to prayer, witness the prayer itself, have a Q&A and enjoy ethnic and American snacks.
• 1:00 PM sharp meet on the steps of the center for a welcome briefing. If it’s raining/snowing please proceed up the steps of the main building to the foyer of the main prayer area (shoes off please).
• 1:10 PM enter the mosque to hear the call to prayer at 1:15 sharp.
• 1:15-1:45 sermon (English and Arabic)
• 1:45-2:00 observe the prayer (or join if you like)
• 2:00-2:15 mix and mingle with community members
• 2:15-3:00 Q&A circle time, a brief presentation and snacks in the community hall (basement)—every 1st Friday of each month.