- This event has passed.
Orca Recovery Day Scotch Broom Pull
October 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Join us to support Orca Recovery Day by taking care of Mother Nature and pulling the invasive scotch broom on our Lackamas Flats property!
Come out to our Lackamas Flats Protected land trust property and help us get ready for planting later this month by pulling the invasive scotch broom weed to make room for trees!!
Since reopening for volunteers after a closure due to COVID-19, here are some of the guidelines we have adopted to keep NLT staff and volunteers safe. We will only be holding work parties in counties that are operating in Phase 3, and if they are moved back to Phase 1 or 2 we will discontinue work parties. If you feel you cannot comply with these guidelines, please do not register to attend this event.
• If you have experienced COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.) or have been in contact with something who has within the last two weeks, or are feeling ill in any way, please stay home.
• Volunteers and staff will maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times.
• Volunteers and staff will wear a mask whenever we are gathered as a group. Once we are spread out and working you may choose to remove your mask, but you must put it back on any time you are interacting with another volunteer or staff member.
• For the time being, we will no longer be serving food, coffee, or providing gloves. Volunteers will supply their own gloves, water, and snacks.
• Volunteers must not bring food to share with the group, even if it is an individually-wrapped snack.
• Tools will be sanitized before each work party; volunteers and staff will continue to use the same tool throughout the work party and will not trade with others to prevent cross-contamination.
• Do not carpool to this event, except with people from your household.
For questions or more information, e-mail Susannah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you there!