- This event has passed.
Request a Public Hearing Date from Senator Cleveland
February 4 @ 8:00 am - February 18 @ 8:00 am PST
We have until 2/22/2019 to get a Public Hearing secured for SB 5222 this legislative session.
We’ll contact all 11 members on the Senate Health & Long Term Care Committee and demand The Whole Washington Health Trust bill gets the attention it needs to progress.
Example scripting for a quick call, “Good morning. My name is Ted Williams, I live in the 34th LD, and Universal Healthcare is a critical issue for me. Can you let me know the scheduled date for a public hearing to talk about SB 5222?”
Give some background on your personal story. What hardships does our current system cause for you and your family? Why do we need Universal Healthcare? Point out what pieces of the bill are important to you. Some items for example:
* It includes vision, dental, and mental health services.
* It’s been reviewed and vetted by the Department of Revenue and the Employment Securities Department.
* It’s endorsed by the Washington State Democratic Party.
* It’s backed by a study by Dr. Gerald Friedman, a world-renowned healthcare economist.
* It will save Washington residents billions annually.
* It’s fully funded and has a transition phase that doesn’t rely on federal waivers.
Share with your friends, have your partner call too, call more than once. Our elected officials will hear us loud and clear.
Let us know your tips and what you hear from the Senator’s office in the comments!