- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health: A Silent Crisis in Thurston County
October 28 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
Please join Thurston Thrives’ Partners for Children, Youth and Families for an important event next Monday, October 28, from 3-5pm.
This event features local experts: Mary Ann O’Garro, Senior Epidemiologist at Thurston County Public Health and Social Services; and Scott Hanauer, Clinical Director of Family Education and Support Services and Retired CEO of Community Youth Services.
Mary Ann and Scott will discuss the youth mental health crisis occurring now in Thurston County, and will address:
• Improving Community Awareness
• Addressing Disproportionality
• Identifying Risk Factors and Warning Signs
• Talking About Issues Such As Depression, Anxiety, and Suicide
• Understanding Resilience and How to Build It